Vacant position at KVINFO
Intern for KVINFOs international team
KVINFO’s International Team is looking for an intern with interest in and knowledge of gender-related issues in an international development context.
KVINFO’s international work takes place across countries in the Middle East, North Africa and Eastern Europe. We currently work in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Tunisia, Georgia and Ukraine.
Our international work is financed by donors including Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Danish-Arab Partnership Programme (DAPP), the European Union, and the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
We expect that the new intern at KVINFO’s international team has some experience of project work and knowledge of international development. The new intern must have demonstrated interest in and knowledge of gender-related issues in an international development context.
In the International Team, our working language is English. Danish language skills are thus not a requirement for this internship.
- Support KVINFO’s work on overall administrative tasks related to programme coordination and reporting
- Support with content for fundraising
- Develop and contribute to research on gender issues in context and present findings
- Ad hoc tasks, such as assisting in planning and implementation of events, travels and workshops
- Is pursuing a Master’s degree or in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree
- Can work independently, is highly organised and proactive
- Proficiency in Excel. Experience working with data is not a requirement but considered a distinct advantage
- Is knowledgeable about the MENA region and/or the Eastern European region
- Has experience conducting research on gender issues in context, such as gender and conflict or gender and climate change
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Language skills in any of the following languages is not a requirement but considered a distinct advantage: Arabic, French, Georgian, Russian or Ukrainian
The internship is unpaid and can last between four months and six months. It is expected that the intern be based in or around Copenhagen for the duration of the internship. Working time is between 30 and 37 hours weekly, and we are flexible in relation to your studies and exams.
Equality and diversity are at the heart of KVINFO’s values. Thus, our aim is to invite a diverse group of applicants for interview. We highly encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, faith, age, or ethnic origin.
Please send your application and CV along with other relevant documentation to email@example.com. The deadline is Monday 11th September 2023 at noon.
KVINFO is the Danish Information Centre for Gender and Equality. Our mission is to transform knowledge into societal change, to qualify public debate, and to promote gender equality in the actual context nationally and internationally. KVINFO is a self-governing institution under the Ministry of Culture.