KVINFOS MENTOR Network
We work locally
KVINFOs mentor network is present locally in five Danish cities. Here we work in various disadvantaged residential areas:
- Aarhus: Gellerup-Toveshøj, Bispehaven and Langkærparken
- Odense: Vollsmose, Korsløkken, Rising and Ejerslykke
- Svendborg: Jægermarken, Hjerteparken, Skovparken and more
- Slagelse: Motalavej, Sydbyen and Ringparken
- Copenhagen: Tingbjerg, Nørrebro and Amager
Locally, trained mentor coordinators work to support the mentoring processes and ensure their quality.
The local mentor coordinator will first find the best possible match between mentee and mentor.
Then the coordinator introduces mentors and mentees to the framework of the mentoring process. At the intro course, they get to know mentoring methods as well as knowledge about barriers that can help prevent women from getting jobs.
Mentor coordinators also organise professional and social networking activities.
In the local area, KVINFO’s mentor network cooperates with the social housing plan and the job centre. From here, caseworkers and social housing employees refer women who can benefit from a mentorship in KVINFO’s mentor network.